NEW YORK & BOSTON – (BUSINESS WIRE) – Nov. July 2021–
Pandemic Response Lab (PRL) and Brio announced today that they are partnering to offer COVID-19 testing and variant “zone” monitoring to mitigate the risk of new and emerging variants for the entertainment industry. The partnership will deliver fast, cost-effective end-to-end test solutions to ensure the safety of cast and crew members while reducing costs and production downtime.
As part of the partnership, Brio’s platform will act as the operating system for COVID testing, providing sampling services, logistics, reporting, advanced software and expert support for entertainment facilities. PRL, operated by Opentrons Labworks, Inc., will perform the back-end laboratory work (laboratory diagnostics) including gold standard PCR testing and genome sequencing of any positive results to track variants.
“We are very excited to be working with Brio to provide COVID testing and variant tracking services to the entertainment industry,” said Jonathan Brennan-Badal, CEO of Opentrons Labworks Inc. “Our partnership will provide movie and television studios as well as other entertainment production centers with the The diagnostic solutions they need to ensure a healthy and safe environment for all actors and the support team. “
“PRL NYC’s vertically integrated approach to lab testing is similar to what made SpaceX so disruptive to the aerospace industry – that makes this already productive partnership even more exciting for us.” – Boris Lipchin, CEO and Co-Founder of Brio
While the entertainment industry unions have drawn up a return to work agreement and protocols designed to ensure the safety of all, the emergence of potentially dangerous variants continues to pose a threat to the film, theater and music industries. The entertainment industry is inevitable because of this The temporary nature of their workforce and the necessary national and international travel by cast and crew are particularly vulnerable to COVID outbreaks. Select SARS-CoV-2 variants have increased communicability and severity, leading to increased hospital admissions or deaths and decreased effectiveness of medical treatments, including vaccines.
ABOUT PANDEMIC RESPONSE LAB AND OPENTRONS
- Using Opentrons’ advanced robotics and synthetic biology technology, PRL provides fast and accurate COVID-19 testing at low cost to government agencies, hospitals, schools and businesses. PRL also performs large-scale virus genome sequencing to track COVID-19 variants and identify potentially dangerous new mutations.
- The diagnostic tests of PRL are:
- Specially developed for the entertainment industry
- The cheapest, most reliable and fastest solution for RT-PCR based COVID testing and variant tracking at the zone level
- Fast: 99% of PCR results are delivered in 6 hours or less, compared to the industry average of 48 to 72 hours.
- Affordable: PRL offers the highest quality RT-PCR tests at ½ to ⅓ the cost of alternative solutions
- Proven & reliable: PRL has already processed more than 4 million tests for the population of the USA since October 2020.
- In March, Opentrons opened its second PRL in Washington, DC along with a new PRL location in Irvine, CA in June. Opentrons is investigating the opening of laboratories in other communities across the country.
- Opentrons specializes in manufacturing innovative robotic automation solutions for the healthcare sector. Its products are used in more than 4,000 laboratories in more than 40 countries.
Brio Systems is a secure platform that provides a simple end-to-end solution for diagnostic testing. In 2020, COVID-19 tests were fully integrated into the Brio network and technology to meet the unfamiliar and universal need in companies. The company has served clients such as USPS, Big Lots, and more. In the time since the outbreak of the pandemic, Brio has optimized a state-of-the-art logistics process and a courier service, standardized workflows with its US-based laboratory partners and created a scalable laboratory and test-independent infrastructure that is ready to meet the diagnostic requirements of the future.
KEYWORD: UNITED STATES NORTH AMERICA NEW YORK MASSACHUSETTS
INDUSTRY KEYWORD: RESEARCH INFECTIOUS DISEASES ENTERTAINMENT OTHER HEALTH TV AND RADIO FILM & MOTION PICTURES THEATER GENERAL HEALTH HEALTH SCIENCE
SOURCE: Pandemic Response Laboratory
Copyright Business Wire 2021.
PUB: 7/13/2021 12:09 PM / DISC: 7/13/2021 12:09 PM
Copyright Business Wire 2021.